Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Can algae blooms make weeds? and Spring Blooms Mini Quilt Swap: Main Block Sewn Together

Can algae blooms make weeds?



Does algae blooms cause weeds to grow?


bloom best answer:

Answer by Mama Mia
Not if you compost them first. algae blooms make a great fertilizer dressing for your plants. They are high in nitrogen and other good nutriments for the garden.
I collect them from my pond and stream, compost them for a few weeks, than add them into the veggie garden and other plants in the yard. All natural and organic.

Some reading material:
http://www.pondfilter.com/pond-plants-and-algae-management.aspx


bloom

Spring Blooms Mini Quilt Swap: Main Block Sewn Together
bloom

Three dimensional block pattern is from the book Fantastic Fabric Folding by Rebecca Wat.
This is my quilt for the swap. I am going to add some applique as well. Maybe some stems and some pink flowers. Still deciding...

Fabric Folding by Rebecca Wat. This block was my first attempt at the "Inside Out Flowers". I wanted to make one before I started on my Spring Blooms Mini Quilt Swap quilt hosted by the Quilting Gallery.

In addition to this swap I am participating in "Pay It Forward"; Check out my blog entry for more details.



Orignal From: Can algae blooms make weeds? and Spring Blooms Mini Quilt Swap: Main Block Sewn Together

No comments:

Post a Comment