Tuesday, February 4, 2014

mexican flowers? and flowers

mexican flowers?



need flower arrangments for bouquet


flower best answer:

Answer by Lorraine
mexican sage is beautiful (the flowers are long and purple and the leaves are similar to common sage)
marigolds are bright orange/reddish/or bright yellow. A couple of marigolds in the mix would compliment the sage, along with other flowers.
dahlias hold up well when cut, and are like little pom poms (similar to the marigold) except in a variety of colors.
echinecea (or purple coneflower) is so pretty. I am not sure how it holds up when cut. I have it growing in my garden. I will snip one off and get back to you.
zinnias are a small stalk, coming in a variety of colors.
I would also add some mountain sage for it's silvery color and it smells sweet when you rub it.

I can see this bouquet as one big pom pom of color with sprigs of mexican sage and mountain sage and possibly something else. Maybe a lily in the center. This could be really beautiful. What a lovely idea.
____________________________

My echineacea has been sitting here for hours, and it looks like it should hold up in a bouquet for about two hours but after that it will start to look pretty sad. If you pick the petals off and leave the center, this would look really nice as an accent. Anyway, I hope this helps.


flower

flowers
flower



Orignal From: mexican flowers? and flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment