Saturday, February 1, 2014

My African Violet won't bloom.? and pale blue bloom

My African Violet won't bloom.?



I recently got into growing African Violets. I am 17 years old and think I am doing everything right. I tried reading how to care for them and it doesnt seem to help me. Two months ago I bought an African Violet from Walmart, and it hasn't bloomed yet. I replanted and have been fertilizing it frequently. It has plenty of sunlight, and the leaves are growing very nicely and green. All it hasn't done since I got is bloom. Could I be fertilizing it too much? It also has had babies grow on the side of the "mother plant" and I have replanted those. They are doing very nicely too but again they aren't producing blooms either.


bloom best answer:

Answer by Goosegirl
Instead of sunlight, substitute fluorescence light. Also, only water them by putting water in a shallow dish, then setting the pot in the dish. The leaves hate to get wet.


bloom

pale blue bloom
bloom

the stamen of a blue bloom



Orignal From: My African Violet won't bloom.? and pale blue bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment