Wednesday, June 11, 2014

How can I get my lillies to bloom? and Big Bloom

How can I get my lillies to bloom?



I bought some lillies from walmart. I am not sure what kind but the blooms were bright orange. They were so pretty when I planted them but it rained for 2 weeks and all of the blooms fell off. How can I get them to bloom again?


bloom best answer:

Answer by catherine02116
Sorry to tell you that they will not bloom again this year. They will bloom again next year, tho, if you snip off the spent flowers, leaving most of the stalk intact. The lily bulbs beneath the ground will be fortified by the remaining stalk and leaves, and will come up again next year...lusher than this, since the bulbs will produce more.


bloom

Big Bloom
bloom

'Ventura' on Aviary effects/via Flickr.

My large sunflowers are emerging. . . . :-)



Orignal From: How can I get my lillies to bloom? and Big Bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment