Friday, June 20, 2014

When do Tango Lilies bloom in Zone 5? and 1002e2 iris-- Skagway, Alaska

When do Tango Lilies bloom in Zone 5?



I find that my perennial garden is a little flat during the month of June---after the Iris and Peonies are done, before the annuals take off and Day-lilies come into bloom. I am told that Asiatic Lilies should fill the void during that time. I have fallen in love with a Tango Lily . It's name is Dot.com. All the catalogs merely say that it will bloom "June-September". That's a pretty big range! Anyone know when I should expect bloom in Massachusetts, Zone 5? Thank you!
Actually, I don't have them in my garden yet. I am wondering if they will be the addition for June that I hope they will be. If they are blooming now in your zone 5 garden, it seems they will not fill my need for June flowers. Is there an asiatic or tango that will bloom in June?


bloom best answer:

Answer by Andiamo
Your Tango should be just about ready to bloom. Do you see the big buds on them? My Asiatic lillies are just now starting to bloom. We are zone 5 too. Aren't they just beautiful? You should deadhead your daylillies and may get another blooming this year if you do that. Enjoy!


bloom

1002e2 iris-- Skagway, Alaska
bloom

Spring flowers bloom a lot later in the far north-- this was late June.

See my "Alaska!" set for more shots of this beautiful area. More to come....
www.flickr.com/photos/25171569@N02/sets/72157630434617816/

Featured in the Sunshine Blog flickrsunshineblog.blogspot.com/
Jan 22, 2013 "Flower and Fruits"



View Awards Count



Orignal From: When do Tango Lilies bloom in Zone 5? and 1002e2 iris-- Skagway, Alaska

No comments:

Post a Comment