Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Can you transplant during the flowers bloom? and Blooming

Can you transplant during the flowers bloom?



Some very pretty wild lilac in my backyard, but it already bloomed. I heard you can't transplant during this time in a plants life as it will kill it. I had no idea it was there until it bloomed. But can I transplant it to the front of my yard without killing it?


bloom best answer:

Answer by bostonterriersamericangentleman
You will not kill the plant but you will put it into shock. When a plant goes into shock whatever blooms are there it will shorten the bloom life. It will rebloom next year.


bloom

Blooming
bloom

Collage of flowers blooming in Musashi's Garden March 2013.
Gerbera daisy, Bill Warriner rose, Lavender, Miniature rose.

twistylane.blogspot.com/2013/04/blooming.html



Orignal From: Can you transplant during the flowers bloom? and Blooming

No comments:

Post a Comment