Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Will my mums bloom this fall? and Blooming Lily

Will my mums bloom this fall?



I bought a mum in early spring. It was in full bloom when I bought it, it has daisy-like flowers in pastel colors. When those original blooms died I dead headed the plant, then left it, in its pot, on my front steps all summer. I rarely watered it, or paid it any attention at all. Somehow the greenery is still mostly green. I clipped the brown on Tuesday, and watered it with some miracle grow and sprinkled in some bone meal. I did not see any buds on it.

My question is:
Will it flower this fall like traditional mums? Or is it a spring variety?
What can I do to make sure it survives the winter and does bloom again in the spring? Should I leave it outside over winter (Akron, OH, Zone 5) or bring it in? Planting it in the ground is not an option and right now its ina 10" pot

Please give me your best advice, I am willing to hit up the garden store and spend a little money on it.


bloom best answer:

Answer by James M
Oh, your talking about flowers..My Bad.


bloom

Blooming Lily
bloom



Orignal From: Will my mums bloom this fall? and Blooming Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment