Friday, April 18, 2014

My christmas cactus is in bloom again...? and Bloom

My christmas cactus is in bloom again...?



It bloomed just fine for the holidays but here it is late April and its blooming again. Is this normal? I don't do much with it. I keep it in a window with my african violets and dont water it alot, but I was kind of shocked to see it blooming again. I'm not complaining and I know there's people out there who have trouble with blooming but I'm wondering if it's a sign of something good.


bloom best answer:

Answer by Mawia
Christmas Cacti seem to thrive on benign neglect. I have mine in a location out of direct light and it blooms 2 or 3 times each year. I am going to put it into a cooler location this September though, just so that it is LOADED with flowers for Christmas. There are a couple of websites that explain what to do.

Enjoy your flowering Christmas Cactus - in April.

(does that make it an Easter Cactus?)


bloom

Bloom
bloom



Orignal From: My christmas cactus is in bloom again...? and Bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment