Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My rosebush doesn't bloom? and Cherry Blossom blooming!!!!

My rosebush doesn't bloom?



I have a rosebush I planted a few years back. It's a hybrid tea type, but I forget the specific breed. It bloomed beautiful, large blossoms the first couple of years I had it. After that it bloomed one year as though it were a floribunda type. In the two years since it hasn't bloomed at all, just grown to ridiculous heights. Anybody know why it's not blooming?
Thanks alot for all the input, guys. I think the problem is that the rootstock overcame the grafted plant. It did indeed take a hard hit from a particularly harsh winter, but right when I was going to dig it up I noticed canes still growing. I did check now and they appear to be growing from the roots, so I guess it probably won't bloom again, if the rootstock was a one-time only thing. Oh well... I guess I'll dig it up and try again.
I guess I should add that the rose gets plenty of sun, so that's not the problem, and I don't use pesticides or chemical fertilizers at all. I try not to get my plants addicted to drugs. The blooms that happened after the change were Dr. Huey blooms, from the sounds of it. They were deep red and semi-doubled. Oh well, I'm just going to dig it up then. At least I still have my double delights to please the girls with.


bloom best answer:

Answer by cin_ann_43
Often ose don't bloom if there are growing horizontal.Try to train them to grow vertical and fertlize often and water well


bloom

Cherry Blossom blooming!!!!
bloom

Cherry Blossom (sakura) flowers at Gucun Park (顾村公园) , located at suburban shanghai . It is just one stop ahead of shanghai university metro line 7 station.

At here, it attracts a lot number of visitors due to cherry blossom seasons. Last monday , 3rd April, the amount of visitor at the park was almost 100 000 and it forced the Gucun Park metro station to close 90 minutes. Another factor happened due to holiday day of china, Tomb sweeping day.


There have about 10 000 cherry bossom trees and you can see in one place there has a lot of cherry blossom starting to bloom



Orignal From: My rosebush doesn't bloom? and Cherry Blossom blooming!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment