Saturday, February 22, 2014

What does 琼花 mean in English? and Artemisia frigida

What does 琼花 mean in English?



I know it's a type of flower but don't know what... =/
It's not extinct lol.
One of my relatives have this in her backyard. I don't know what's the english word for it because we use it to make tea. One of my cousins drank it and she went from around 100/100 give or take to 20/20 vision. Some chinese herb store also sells this type of flower (dry type). The reason I want to know it in English because I want to reasearch it.


inflorescence best answer:

Answer by Daisy
It's a very rare flower that is now extinct

Here is a picture:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/AlephNK/SBiQDh2JndI/AAAAAAAAAZY/tJWvddTdq3M/s800/IMG_6581_%E9%B8%A1%E6%A0%91%E6%9D%A1%E8%8D%9A%E8%92%BE_%E5%A4%A9%E7%9B%AE%E7%90%BC%E8%8A%B1.jpg


inflorescence

Artemisia frigida
inflorescence

The inflorescence bracts are dissected in a similar manner to the stem leaves. All flowers can produce a viable fruit and the receptacle is hairy, feature that related prairie sagewort to absinthium and alpine sagebrush.



Orignal From: What does 琼花 mean in English? and Artemisia frigida

No comments:

Post a Comment