Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What is the name of the flowers behind the yellow iris... anyone? and Setaria verticillata

What is the name of the flowers behind the yellow iris... anyone?



It's just perfect for what I need in my flower beds, but I don't know what it is... thanks!
Whoops, sorry!

http://www.rebloomingiris.com/images/Standard%20Dwarf/baby%20blessed.jpg
Hmm... possibly hyacinth. It looks like a big mound of flowers, I guess it could be the angle the pic was taken at.
Of the two phlox types named, I think I'm leaning towards sublata at this point...... the candy stripe is really beautiful.... anyone know if it would grow well just getting morning sun?


inflorescence best answer:

Answer by Deborah S
Hyacinths?


inflorescence

Setaria verticillata
inflorescence

The inflorescence has bristles that are not uniformly orientated upward and that bear retrorse barbs such that the entire spike serves as a disperal agent by its ability to cling to anything that passes by.



Orignal From: What is the name of the flowers behind the yellow iris... anyone? and Setaria verticillata

No comments:

Post a Comment