Monday, May 19, 2014

How can I make my orchids bloom again? and Basil Blooming | 201/365

How can I make my orchids bloom again?



I buy these beautiful Phalaenopsis orchids, and even though they are long lasting, they don't bloom again.


bloom best answer:

Answer by Rosie
You should look into the amount of light your plant is getting. Place it near a west window or a bright location where it doesn't get direct sun. Also, feed it a balanced fertilizer every time you water, mixing half of the recommended amount of fertilizer to make sure it's well diluted. Drain well after watering as the roots do not tolerate sitting in water. Keep the potting medium (wood bark or moss) humid but not wet. After the plant is finished blooming and the spike is dry, cut the spike and place the plant in a dark location for around one month to stimulate blooming when the plant is brought back into a bright spot.


bloom

Basil Blooming | 201/365
bloom

Grandma was growing some basil on her window sill. If you look in the background you can see the pattern of the window screen. Still hot but rain is in the forecast. 2011YIP

7.20.2011

View my 365 project here.



Orignal From: How can I make my orchids bloom again? and Basil Blooming | 201/365

No comments:

Post a Comment