Sunday, May 11, 2014

what ate the tops off my tulips before they bloomed? and Harmful algae bloom. Pelee Island, Ohio. Lake Erie

what ate the tops off my tulips before they bloomed?



This has never happened before and they always bloom beautifully - they are just about to open any day and I just looked closely and some creature has eaten the tops right off about half of them. What can I do to make sure it doesn't get the rest of them.


bloom best answer:

Answer by Texperson
Squirrels love bulbs. They may be the eaters, or possibly rabbits. Squirrels, no one knows how to keep them out. Rabbits can be kept out with fences.


bloom

Harmful algae bloom. Pelee Island, Ohio. Lake Erie
bloom

Harmful algae bloom. Pelee Island, Ohio. Lake Erie. Photo by T. Archer. September 4, 2009.



Orignal From: what ate the tops off my tulips before they bloomed? and Harmful algae bloom. Pelee Island, Ohio. Lake Erie

No comments:

Post a Comment