Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My knockout roses I planted about 4 weeks ago have very few blooms. How can I get more blooms? and Smallest Bloom on our Land this Spring

My knockout roses I planted about 4 weeks ago have very few blooms. How can I get more blooms?



All three plants have maybe 1 or 2 blooms. There are some buds visible and no other problems that I can see. I used miracle grow soil to mix with ground soil when planting and sprinkled area with rose food. I bought them at Home Depot and was there yesterday. The roses there are filled with blooms. Any suggestions to get more blooms?


bloom best answer:

Answer by Allison1888
While I understand the desire for more blooms, you have to be patient. First, don't use Miracle Grow-- go with organic fertilizers like RoseTone. Since you just planted them, it's more important that their roots start growing, so you'll want something that enhances root growth. I would give it a few months of that before using the RoseTone. Also, it's still a little early for roses. The reality is that the nurseries push the blooms so they will look nice enough for you to buy them. My roses have not set buds yet, so it's still a few weeks away from blooms. If you really want lots of flowers, buy some nice annuals to set near the bushes until they take off. Remember to water roses at the base of the soil-- NOT the leaves, as they can get mildew.

Here's more on roses. Don't get frustrated, it will be worth the wait once they get started.

http://www.oldhouseweb.com/gardening/general-rose-care.shtml


bloom

Smallest Bloom on our Land this Spring
bloom

Possibly the smallest bloom on our land in Spring, here is the flower on the Candelilla (Euphorbia antisyphilitica), better known to desert dwellers as the Wax Plant. Info link: www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=EUAN3



Orignal From: My knockout roses I planted about 4 weeks ago have very few blooms. How can I get more blooms? and Smallest Bloom on our Land this Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment