Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Why did my beautiful, full, bloom laden, yellow squash plants not produce any vegetables? and Saguaro Cactus Blooms

Why did my beautiful, full, bloom laden, yellow squash plants not produce any vegetables?



I planted a few yellow squash plants last summer in a huge planter on my balcony. The pants got huge, didn't have bugs or disease, got lots of blooms but never developed any squash. I watered them regularly, but not too much, and they got full sun. What happened? Do you have to have bees, or wind to polinate squash plants? That's the only thing I could think of. They had everything else plants need. I want to try again this year with some bush cucumber plants, and I'd kind of like some cucumbers! Ha!


bloom best answer:

Answer by cyndi b
YOU HAVE TO HAVE BEES AND INSECT TO POLINATE THEM!AND THEY REQUIRE FERTILIZER MORE SO THAN OTHER VEGETABLES!
TOMATOES AND CORN , I THINK ARE THE ONLY 2 WIND POLLINATED VEGGIES!
YOU COULD TRY POLLINATING THEM WITH A QTIP,BUT I AM NOT SURE IF IT WILL WORK!


bloom

Saguaro Cactus Blooms
bloom

Close-up of saguaro cactus blooms with a deep blue sky of the Arizona desert in the month of May. www.jamesinsogna.com/Nature/Flowers/15122760_6zd2Cb#!i=18... (C) 2012 - All Rights Reserved. 1-888-682-0122



Orignal From: Why did my beautiful, full, bloom laden, yellow squash plants not produce any vegetables? and Saguaro Cactus Blooms

No comments:

Post a Comment