Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Can I add shredded leaves to my vegetable garden? and A Mediterranean Garden

Can I add shredded leaves to my vegetable garden?



I am starting my first vegetable garden this year. The soil in my area has a lot of clay. I plan to add top soil as well as other materials. Last year I shredded leaves with my mower and put them in a pile in my backyard. I know if you compost them you can add them to the soil but the leaves does not appear to be completely composted. It seems to be a mix of composted leaves and small shreds of leaves. Will this benefit my garden?


Garden best answer:

Answer by ranger_co_1_75
Every fall, I dump my leaves in my garden and spread them around. In the spring the leaves on top have not composted so I roto till them into the garden soil. They continue to compost in the soil and haven't affected my vegetable plants.


Garden

A Mediterranean Garden
Garden

Glendale Gardens and Woodland
Vancouver Island, BC



Orignal From: Can I add shredded leaves to my vegetable garden? and A Mediterranean Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment