Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What do I do with my amaryllis plant after it finishes blooming? and Colourful blooms

What do I do with my amaryllis plant after it finishes blooming?



I got my amaryllis for my birthday in January. It has now finished blooming. What do I do with it now? Will it bloom again this year at all? To keep for another year, do I keep it in its pot? It's not hardy on the northern plains, is it?


bloom best answer:

Answer by stone
You need to allow it to get sunlight... When the danger of frost is over, plant bulb in the vegetable garden until frost. then dig the bulb and allow to completely dry out in a dark location like a root cellar for 2 or 3 months... then pot again for the new bloom.


bloom

Colourful blooms
bloom

Colourful blooms



Orignal From: What do I do with my amaryllis plant after it finishes blooming? and Colourful blooms

No comments:

Post a Comment