Thursday, November 28, 2013

How do I get my lady slipper orchid to bloom? and Vivid Pomegranite Blooms

How do I get my lady slipper orchid to bloom?



The plant is healthy and I have fertilized it and keep it with my African violets under those light conditions. Anything else I need to do to get the lady slipper to bloom?


bloom best answer:

Answer by reynwater
Blooming is encouraged by longer days of Spring and Summer...you'll just have to wait or adjust your lights to simulate long spring/summer daylight hours.


bloom

Vivid Pomegranite Blooms
bloom

At their peak of bloom. the orange flowers of my neighbor's pomegranite trees are so dramatic in the sun. Each orange bloom is about the size of a standard carnation bloom. Some of the tall, scraggly trees droop over my fence, but that's fine with me. There are two colors of blooms, and the one that is hardest to capture is a two color, pale bloom that is white and light red-orange. If I ever capture the focus and color on those, I will post here onine.

If you like orange ALOT, click on the link for the large view, ha ha!



Orignal From: How do I get my lady slipper orchid to bloom? and Vivid Pomegranite Blooms

No comments:

Post a Comment