Thursday, November 28, 2013

How to keep groundhogs out of my garden? and Garden mothing 2010 #11, 17 May

How to keep groundhogs out of my garden?



It is a vegetable garden with tomatoes and peppers. Everyday I have this groundhog that breaks in. The garden has a fence around, (the base is buried in the ground), I also put up stakes where the groundhog had been breaking in. I need some ways to keep the groundhog out, please no motion sense sprinklers or lights. I just want something that I have at home or is very easy to run out and get.
Thank you so much.


Garden best answer:

Answer by daylily
The fence isn't dense enough, add a tighter mesh fencing over it. Or run out and get some Repels All (about $ 15, works for several weeks before it needs to be renewed) at a garden center or Lowe's and spray around the plants.


Garden

Garden mothing 2010 #11, 17 May
Garden

Muslin Moth, Diaphora mendica (male).

Another not very good mothing session - I had the trap out for a couple of hours and managed just four moths. One of the moths was new for the garden, however, and was this Muslin Moth. He's a bit drab when viewed from above so I thought I'd show off his wonderfully fluffy 'face' here.

Muslin Moth (new for the garden)
Grey/Dark Dagger (first of the year)
Clouded Drab
Spectacle



Orignal From: How to keep groundhogs out of my garden? and Garden mothing 2010 #11, 17 May

No comments:

Post a Comment