Friday, November 29, 2013

How can I get an orchid to bloom? and A bloom in winter

How can I get an orchid to bloom?



Last summer when my grandmother was ill in the hospital, I brought her an orchid plant the day before she died. My grandfather is now very attached to this plant, and tries to take very good care of it. It was in bloom last July when I bought it but the blooms are gone by now and he would like it to bloom again. How can you force an orchid to bloom?

Thanks.


bloom best answer:

Answer by Tink
They only bloom once a year. No, you can't force them - here are the instructions for the most common type of orchid.

http://www.aos.org/Default.aspx?id=217


bloom

A bloom in winter
bloom

From the Scott Arboretum's guide to the Cosby Courtyard:

Viburnum x bodnantense 'Charles Lamont' is a powerfully fragrant, winter flowering viburnum. The blooms and sweet fragrance enliven many gardens at the end of winter. The deciduous shrub reaches 10 feet by 6 feet. 'Charles Lamont' prefers full sun or partial shade with moist, well-drained soil.

I will personally confirm that the blossoms are incredibly sweet-smelling.



Orignal From: How can I get an orchid to bloom? and A bloom in winter

No comments:

Post a Comment