Friday, November 29, 2013

How often should you fertilize a garden? and Garden mothing 2010 #42, 18 September

How often should you fertilize a garden?



How often should you fertilize a garden? I only have an 11' by 5' garden.
And I only need to fertilize about a 3rd of it because the rest is just green beans.


Garden best answer:

Answer by S1lent
Hi
I have about the same size garden at 10 by 8 feet. I just use the Miracle Grow (sorry about the spelling). So I fertilize weekly...I know it is too often...but I get great tomatoes.
Actually, all I grow is tomatoes and lemon cucumbers...and I am able to provide them to all my neighbors.

Enjoy the garden, I sure do,
s1lent


Garden

Garden mothing 2010 #42, 18 September
Garden

Brimstone Moth, Opisthograptis luteolata. A moth I associate more with summer, but I still see the odd one in early autumn.

Not a bad session for the time of year, but I cut it short because the rain came down. There was one new species for the garden, an Engrailed - a common moth but for whatever reason it hasn't turned up here before.

Small Dusty Wave 1
Garden Carpet 1
Grey Pine Carpet 1
Brimstone Moth 1
Engrailed 1 NFG
Turnip Moth 1
Large Yellow Underwing 13
Lesser Yellow Underwing 6
Setaceous Hebrew Character 5
Brown-spot Pinion 1
Beaded Chestnut 2
Lunar Underwing 2
Burnished Brass 1
Silver Y 4

Micros:
Epiphyas postvittana 3
Eudonina angustea 2



Orignal From: How often should you fertilize a garden? and Garden mothing 2010 #42, 18 September

No comments:

Post a Comment