Tuesday, November 26, 2013

What does a flowering almond look like during the winter? and Flowers at Kew Gardens

What does a flowering almond look like during the winter?



I live in zone 5 and I know when I can expect a flowering almond to bloom but I was wondering how long it has that look? This will be the foundation of a large flower bed in the front of my house and I don't know if I want something that will look dead six months out of the year.


flower best answer:

Answer by trip
flowering almonds are a deciduous tree meaning it will lose its leaves in the fall. they are a beautiful tree when grown 20 or more years, but i would not recommend them in the front yard, unless you co-ordinate them in a landscape that they would complement during the winter months. for more info Email me: skullandbones@yahoo.com


flower

Flowers at Kew Gardens
flower

Flowers at Kew Gardens



Orignal From: What does a flowering almond look like during the winter? and Flowers at Kew Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment