Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What is a yellow flowering plant hardy in New England winter that can be put in a flower box? and Flower - Dahlia Sunrise

What is a yellow flowering plant hardy in New England winter that can be put in a flower box?



Anyone know of a flowering plant that comes in yellow that I can put in my flower box? I live in New England, and they always die over the winter.
What does plant it in annuals mean? Thanks for the tip about lining the boxes, I will!


flower best answer:

Answer by LaDoG
Pointsettia comes in yellow and has teensy flowers. Mums are hardy, Autumn Gold rose I have seen blooming in November and January in a flower box. French Marigold. Any of the alpines and there are many! You would need a directory for this and they are some wild so are easy to grow.


flower

Flower - Dahlia Sunrise
flower

Flower with purple leaves and stems. I haven't found the type yet. Pretty.

A group of volunteers makes sure that flowers are blooming on the Bridge Of Flowers from early Spring through late Autumn.

If I have missed or misidentified flowers, please let me know.

ed: Tentatively identified as Dahlia Sunrise.



Orignal From: What is a yellow flowering plant hardy in New England winter that can be put in a flower box? and Flower - Dahlia Sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment