Saturday, December 21, 2013

How do I calculate the right amount of soil for a container garden? and Cottage garden (DSCN2299)

How do I calculate the right amount of soil for a container garden?



I live in Zone 8. I've never gardened in our very dry soil so I thought a container garden would be best.

But how do I calculate how much soil, mulch, etc to put in? I don't know what to buy or how much of it. Because I'm unsure if our garden will be 4 x 4...or 8 x 4...or whatever, I need a calculation to go by.

Thanks!


Garden best answer:

Answer by pondlady
Calculate the cubic feet or inches of your proposed garden. Soil and mulch is sold in cubic feet, so it will be easy for you to know how much you need once you know how big your garden will be.


Garden

Cottage garden (DSCN2299)
Garden

Garden of Manor Cottage



Orignal From: How do I calculate the right amount of soil for a container garden? and Cottage garden (DSCN2299)

No comments:

Post a Comment