Thursday, December 26, 2013

How often should I be watering my garden? and Morrison Garden

How often should I be watering my garden?



I have tomatoes, zuc, squash, peppers, cucs, sunflowers, and okra. I have been watering the garden every day. Temps are probably in the high 80's, but very humid. I also have a peat moss, garden soil, and a manure mixture, which is probably ok. I have also noticed a little powdery white mold around my stems, i think I can fix this, but am I watering too much, is that what is causing the mold?


Garden best answer:

Answer by Roy R
It sounds like that you are watering too much.Try cutting back to every other day and see if this helps.It should get rid of the white mold also.Are any of the leaves on the plants turning yellow? That can also be a sign of too much water.


Garden

Morrison Garden
Garden

In 1952, the walled Morrison Garden was built. It still serves as the hub that unifies the Azalea Collection today. Bricks from a schoolhouse located in what is now the Boxwood Collection were used to construct the walls of this garden and impart a sense of timelessness. As the shrubs matured in the 1950s, locals could not resist the colorful spring beacon of the blooms. Their desire to see the plants led to the opening of the U.S. National Arboretum to the public on a seasonal basis on May 3, 1954.

www.usna.usda.gov/Gardens/collections/azalea.html



Orignal From: How often should I be watering my garden? and Morrison Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment