Sunday, December 22, 2013

How do I keep rabbits and squirrels from eating my garden vegetables? and Garden mothing 2010 #32, 3 August

How do I keep rabbits and squirrels from eating my garden vegetables?



I live in a very woodsy area and am worried that if I try to plant a garden all of the rabbits and squirrels will eat the food before they can be picked.


Garden best answer:

Answer by J
You've to net them off with good net over the top.


Garden

Garden mothing 2010 #32, 3 August
Garden

Ruby Tiger, Phragmatobia fuliginosa. Often seen here in the summer and always a welcome sight.


Pebble Hook-tip 1
Riband Wave 9
Dark-barred Twin-spot Carpet 1
Common Carpet 4
Yellow Shell 1
Latticed Heath 1
Brimstone Moth 1
Willow Beauty 1
Yellow-tail 1
Dingy Footman 1
Ruby Tiger 1
Shuttle-shaped Dart 5
Flame-shoulder 1
Large Yellow Underwing 1
Lesser Yellow Underwing 3
Lesser Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing 8
Double Square-spot 1
Nutmeg 1
Bright-line Brown-eye 1
Dun-bar 2
Dark Arches 9
Common Rustic agg. 6
Dusky Sallow 1
Silver Y 6
Straw Dot 3
Snout 1
Fan-foot 1

A bit of a quiet night for moths, with nothing new for the garden except the micro Aethes smeathmanniana.



Orignal From: How do I keep rabbits and squirrels from eating my garden vegetables? and Garden mothing 2010 #32, 3 August

No comments:

Post a Comment