Tuesday, December 24, 2013

When should I start planting in my outside garden? and Garden District

When should I start planting in my outside garden?



I live in Southwest Michigan and I am a freshly turned vegetarian. I think it would be beneficial for my health a little bit. My father used to garden when we first moved in, and we have a large, long spot. I was just curious when is a good time to start planting and what I should be planting.


Garden best answer:

Answer by Always Asking
Way to many variables, I live in the north and already have Brussel Sprouts outside (they can handle frost) but tomatos will not see the outdoors until well into spring. Some plants can tollerate/enjoy cold weather and frost while some need warm/hot weather and zero frost.

Best answer, get a book and read up on the plants specific likes and dislikes. As for what you can grow, probably anything, plant what you like to eat and dont plant what you wouldnt eat.


Garden

Garden District
Garden

The Garden District in New Orleans has one of the best collections of Victorian architecture anywhere. All the iron fences and greenery add to the neighborhood's character, and most of the District is listed as a National Historic Landmark.



Orignal From: When should I start planting in my outside garden? and Garden District

No comments:

Post a Comment