Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Flowers and herbs that do well in the shade? and Flower - Dahlia Sunrise

Flowers and herbs that do well in the shade?



I'm putting three flower boxes on my front porch and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what type of flowers and herbs do well in a partly shaded area. I think it only gets sun somewhere between mid-day to late afternoon. I'm thinking about doing one box of herbs and two boxes of flowers.Also, I'm in central Ohio if that helps too. Thank you!


flower best answer:

Answer by SE MI Home & Living Examiner
DIY Network recommends these herbs for shade.
Lemon balm, chives, parsley, sweet woodruff , and rosemary.

Be sure you note each plants requirements for drainage, soil condition, watering, and cutting.


flower

Flower - Dahlia Sunrise
flower

Flower with purple leaves and stems. I haven't found the type yet. Pretty.

A group of volunteers makes sure that flowers are blooming on the Bridge Of Flowers from early Spring through late Autumn.

If I have missed or misidentified flowers, please let me know.

ed: Tentatively identified as Dahlia Sunrise.



Orignal From: Flowers and herbs that do well in the shade? and Flower - Dahlia Sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment