Tuesday, January 7, 2014

How do I know when my Calililes will bloom? and Serious Cereus Bloom

How do I know when my Calililes will bloom?



What should the head of the flower look like when they are getting ready to bloom. I am new to this and I don't know how to describe what the head of the flower looks like. The heads on the top of my calililes are so heavy that they are falling over and laying on the ground. What can I do.


bloom best answer:

Answer by eggman
I am guessing that you mean Calla lilies... here's what they look like....

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&sa=N&resnum=0&q=calla%20lilies&spell=1&tab=wi


bloom

Serious Cereus Bloom
bloom

An early morning trip out in the neighborhood resulted in a find of a large cereus cactus filled with just-opened blooms. The "night-blooming cereus" flowers during the night, and by 5 am the bees have had an orgy in the fragrant, lush blooms. I made it out there about 5:45 am and by 6 am it was about too late to get shots. One must shoot between the bees still hanging about and an occasional hummingbird.

This was taken with a borrowed Canon Rebel XT, using a new, used Tamron wide angle lens found via craigslist. Not what I usually try to capture in close-up, but a pretty picture.



Orignal From: How do I know when my Calililes will bloom? and Serious Cereus Bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment