Sunday, January 5, 2014

What medium-sized bush blooms with flowers in autumn? and Hydrangeas in Bloom

What medium-sized bush blooms with flowers in autumn?



I missed the spring bloom with my backyard garden and I want to plant something now that will bloom in late summer/fall. It should be a hardy shrub, but most importantly I want something colorful when it blooms.

I have very little knowledge of plants and things so thanks for your answers.


bloom best answer:

Answer by staticky-girl
Well, my answer for you does not bloom. BUT it's foliage is absolutely beautiful in the Autumn, especially when you need a pop of color!

Try Burning Bush. It has woody stems and green leaves all through Spring & Summer. In Autumn the leaves turn bright red, then it is bare through Winter. I'm not sure what zone you are in, but I am in zone 5 and I need plants to be hardy and this works quite well. Depending how/if you trim it it can be 2'-5' high.

Good luck finding the perfect one!


bloom

Hydrangeas in Bloom
bloom

Hydrangeas blooming on Monroe Street NW, in Columbia Heights, Washington, DC,



Orignal From: What medium-sized bush blooms with flowers in autumn? and Hydrangeas in Bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment