Sunday, December 1, 2013

How much sunlight for my veggie garden? and Garden vignette

How much sunlight for my veggie garden?



I am starting a small outdoor container garden, mostly various leaf lettuces & peppers...maybe some cukes, a salad garden really! How much sunlight do you think it needs? (I have a very shady yard.)

Any other tips / suggestions for a container garden are welcome! Thank you!
The front of my house gets morning sun & the back gets late afternoon/evening sun.

For cukes, I'm thinking the small pickle kind, do they still more room?


Garden best answer:

Answer by Walter B
at little as six hours will do.


Garden

Garden vignette
Garden

We visited a private garden known as Nancyland! in Northeast Portland as part of today's story tours at the 2008 Garden Writers Association conference.

For more information about this and other gardening topics, visit the UF/IFAS website Gardening Solutions.



Orignal From: How much sunlight for my veggie garden? and Garden vignette

No comments:

Post a Comment